Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No Time Like the Present

I started writing a blog at 2:18:23AM on September 15th, 2009.

That statement will be true forever. I will probably lay awake after I write this wondering how my life would have been different if I had started this blog a month earlier. Now, that isn't to say that this blog is a component of regret, but more like exploring what could have or may yet happen due to certain circumstances, decisions, scenarios, and variables.

Let me go back a bit. I've started this blog to share my fascination with all things related to Time and the travel through such. Now, onto the matter at hand.

I can guarantee, without a doubt, everyone alive has wondered about time. You might not know it, but you have.

Have you ever wondered about a decision you've made? Would I have gotten food poisoning if I hadn't ordered the chicken sandwich from Wendy's? Have you wondered what your life would have been like if you'd kept up those guitar lessons or hadn't got that abortion? Who killed JFK? Was Jesus real?

Or, perhaps, you wonder more about future events... What will I have for dinner Thursday night? Will I get the job? Who wins this year's superbowl? What will my wife or husband be like? What will my kids be like? How do I die?

Both subjects are very interesting, but something to get your brain and soul searching going is which topic interested you more? Were you more curious about past or future? I might argue that if its the former than you're living your life through your regrets. I might argue that if its the latter then you don't believe in controlling your own fate and destiny.

I'd like to journey and explore all of the above. In this notepad I'll sketch out interesting concepts, popular time travel destinations, further reading/viewing/studying materials, and things related to Time Travel that just plum keep me up at night.

I hope that something here engages your curiosity and imagination.

1 comment:

  1. For a while, I kept a journal of 365 places and things I would like to visit if I took one year to time travel to a different point in time for 24 hours. I didn't get very far in my journal, but there are a LOT of things I'd like to go back in time to see...

    ReplyDelete